Since I am near the end of this project creation process, I stepped back to see how my project looked from a stranger’s eye.
Doing that, I noticed some points that were too old to catch up with the new trends and looks. To give it a more up-to-date face, I have changed some points.
Firstly, I got rid of the rectangular shapes and turned the clickable objects mostly to round or rounded ones.
This also helped me to put some distance between the content, and naturally created more whitespace.
I also updated the search page to create a hierarchy between the functions, and tried to direct the user to the recommended content.
The decorative elements like the background images on the main page are also removed, and presented with the simple transparent images as well:
To be honest, there wasn’t much room to take the new design trends as the focus and update the whole architecture of the project accordingly.
In a new and better planned project, this may be implemented fully, with the animations, gestures, and other useful user experience methods that are newly introduced and are trends now.
Thanks for accompanying me in this journey!